Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A New Beginning

Life blesses us with new beginnings. I am beginning a new life with my daughter Lynne. I am beginning a blog. Mornings are cool beginnings here in the desert southwest. I begin each morning reading a section of the Bible.
I have to thank Reed McCormick for the idea .and Solveig for the medium. When he was here he had started a chronological Bible reading program and it inspired me to do the same, but my eyes weren't working well. Solveig had the solution. She put a program called illumina Gold on my computer which has the Bible with an option to bolden and enlarge the type.
I have surprised myself by sticking to it. It's become habit. I rise early, fill up my glass with water, turn on my computer and read. In just four days I will have finished my first round, and I am already looking forward to another new beginning: the second roun. I found a site on the web that describes a different sequence, also chronological, but from a different perspective. I am going to try that. I tried to paste the url for it, but it doesn't seem to work. I'll find a way. I am just beginning.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to do those readings with you and perhaps walk the dog after, however, it's nicer to have the dog walk over brfre it gets so hot,a point which wioo be moot in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That, by the way, was Lynne. She was using my computer, so it sounds like I'm talking to myself. I am not mad as a hatter....yet.

    ReplyDelete